North and South Korea are said to have restored a communication channel suspended three days after North Korea tried to fire an anti-aircraft weapon in the fourth round of missile launches in recent weeks.
The Seoul Coalition has announced that aid workers from the two countries exchanged messages on the border communication process Monday morning, the Associated Press reported. Negotiations broke down after countries resumed talks about two weeks ago last summer.
WHITE HOUSE SAYS BUDGET STUDIES UNTIL KOREA KOREA EXPERIENCED KIM AS FREE TIME GOES MISSILE TEST
Korea-Korea’s communication channels have been silent since Pyongyang’s abolition in June 2020. Experts at the time suggested that the move could indicate that North Korea was outraged by the Spirit’s failure to revive Korea’s economic plans and persuade the United States to ease sanctions.
North Korean leader Kim Jong-un called for more talks last week, noting that his country continued to exchange text messages after Seoul held annual military drills with the United States.
White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki recently made it clear that Kim does not care President Biden’s statements as the regime continues with the signature tests.
Click here to get the FOX NEWS APP
Back in 2019, after President Donald Trump undermined expectations by becoming the first US president to step into North Korea, South Korean President Moon Jae-in predicted that he would complete North Korea’s digital by the end of his term in 2022 and that North and South Korea would meet again in 2045.