Senators urge Blinken to improve care for victims of Havana Syndrome as leader of outgoing group

The letter comes amid the departure of a top official who oversees the Government’s response to the growing number of cases in the country, and amid criticism from victims and lawmakers that the department has failed to adequately protect and care for its employees, CNN said.

“We are writing to express our concern about the availability and equity of treatment for Government Department staff and family members who have reported symptoms related to adverse health events (AHIs),” Sen. Jeanne Shaheen, Democrat of New Hampshire, and Sen. Susan Collins, a Republican of Maine, wrote the letter, a copy of which was obtained only by CNN.

“We are particularly concerned that some employees of the State Department with such symptoms who have been recommended for medical treatment have been denied access to the Walter Reed National Medical Military Care Center by the State Department, despite their requests for access to Walter Reed.”

Proponents of her case have been working to make the actual transcript of this statement available online. Blinken is here today.

The discovery of Walter Reed has been an important issue for patients with mysterious patients, some of whom suffer from brain damage – an injury that Walter Reed is famous for in the medical field.

Amb. Pamela Spratlen, who was retired earlier this year to care for a team of civil servants formed in response to these incidents, left after just six months on the job. The head of the Department of State told CNN and China that Spratlen “had just reached the threshold of approved working hours” by the exact location of the government in which he worked.

Sources tell CNN that some State Department sufferers have complained that Spratlen did not tell Blinken – indicating that the department did not take the matter seriously. Many US officials have also told CNN that there has been ongoing concern over Spatatlen’s consolidation process.

In any case, Spratlen’s departure leaves the State team without a leader, and raises questions as to why the department will appoint someone with fewer working hours as group leader to address a seemingly long-standing problem facing the US government. The head of state said the department plans to name a replacement “soon”.

History of refusal to keep

Mark Lenzi, a member of the job security department and a victim of a series of incidents that occurred in 2018 in Guangzhou, China, says the State Department has denied him access to Walter Reed, although he still has symptoms.

“We have considered your request for you and your family to be seen at Walter Reed. At the moment, Walter Reed is only able to receive patients who have recently announced UHIs,” the Department of Health’s Medical Department wrote Lense in an August email address. through CNN. “That being said, we are working with Walter Reed and the DOD on a program for patients who have reported UHIs in the past to also appear at Walter Reed and / or a similar facility.”

No Syndrome causes panic and frustration among delegates over response from the Department of State

Shaheen and Collins in their letter also called for “a written explanation outlining the circumstances in which they should be given or refused treatment by Walter Reed, the factors that lead to such a take, and who this decision is made with approval.”

The House on Tuesday passed a law that increases access to treatment for patients with Havana Syndrome, including authorizing the CIA president and secretary of state to pay compensation to those suffering brain damage and requiring them to create “adequate and adequate” treatment policies. The bill was once passed by the Senate and is now leading to a public desk.

Proponents of her case have been working to make the actual transcript of this statement available online.

It is still a mystery

US intelligence officials have not yet formally identified who or what is causing the “Havana Syndrome,” a mysterious group of symptoms reported by spies, agents and diplomats around the world. Some US officials believe that some of the incidents are being targeted by Russian military intelligence, with the use of a force, but intelligence officials are still investigating and some officials believe there may be more perpetrators.

These sections have left some former leaders so ill that they have been forced to retire.

“As far as we are concerned, I think the answer is yes – but not close to being able to assess the way people are waiting,” CIA Deputy Secretary David Cohen said at a national security conference in Washington last week.

CNN has previously reported that suspected incidents also took place on US soil, including two former employees – President Donald Trump’s security council were beaten near the entrance to the White House.

.

Leave a Comment